Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Down the stretch They Come

July 6 - Day 52
Lake Michigan
Written By Viking

This will be brief. It will be brief because we are less than 20 minutes from port in Ludington, MI. Early this week Rev and I decided that taking the car ferry across Lake Michigan was the wisest decision for our travel back to Grand Rapids this week. As a result, this will Lord-willing be the final day of travel on our journey, as we should be in Grand Rapids by noon.

We left Fargo, ND early Monday morning and enjoyed a very efficient day of travel across Minnesota. There was a noticeable spike in our energy levels, as the reality of our final week began to set in. We enthusiastically sang patriotic songs, we were aggressively honked at, and we did plenty of laughing and smiling. On Monday afternoon we arrived at a wonderful home to enjoy an evening of dinner and fireworks. Rev and I were also able to look back over the trip just a bit to recall the myriad of ways in which God has been providing for us in this short season of life. We trust that our testimonies of God's provision are empowering and encouraging, but we also inevitably leave homes full of encouragement and motivation to press on.

Press on we did, as Tuesday morning saw our longest single stretch of the trip, 92 miles. That's no stopping, whatsoever. No stop signs, no traffic, nothing. For nearly three hours. Strangely, though, neither Rev or I were overly fatigued by this stretch.

Rather than giddiness, Tuesday was a day of deeper reflection for me. Stirring up the lessons God has been teaching me on this journey the night before, I was beginning to see areas of my life where already my increased trust in God's sovereignty and provision are being further tested and expanded. These are experiences that give pause, but always end in a smile that stretches from my soul. No matter what I may desire or hope or pray for, I know that the plan that is absolutely best for my life will prevail. What a comfort.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I am finishing this blog at a restaurant in Ludington, MI where I ate on my first scooter trip last summer. We have 100 miles left to Grand Rapids, where it all began 52 'short' days ago.

Although our travel should conclude today, we humbly plead that you not abandon your loyal following of this blog just yet. Several of the most important blogs are yet to come, including personal reflections from both Rev and I.

Please pray for still continuing opportunities to proclaim the message of Christ's love for sinners and for justice. We are hoping for some media attention at this conclusion to aid us in our purpose, and we would ask for prayer that our message could be clearly related through those mediums, and that God will be greatly glorified.

"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen." Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment